The original Hotel Berlin, founded in 1958, was an important post-war site for culture and society. Today, Berlin’s third
largest hotel embodies both this past and a modern hotel operation with approximately 700 rooms and suites.
The three buildings, constructed in the 50’s for the hotel, have been tied together through the exterior lighting. The particular characters of the three main fronts were intensified. With its illumination, the hotel radiates a befitting presence on Lützowplatz and is visible from afar.
Red and yellow lines of light on the upper edges of the buildings link the three hotel buildings. The lettering for "berlin, berlin" is done in handwriting as a personal note. On the historic facade facing the Kurfürstenstrasse, horizontal and vertical LED lights hint at the color pattern of the facade dating from the 1950’s.
Artificial Light +
Neon contours on the roof’s edge, HIT uplights to brighten the facades, arcades, and ledges, LED line lights.
Hotel Berlin Berlin