general refurbishment of one of the largest museums in Germany. Drawing on
state-of-the-art LED technology, the exhibit lighting highlights the diversity
of this historic and universal museum by Alfred Messel.
This museum, based on designs by Alfred Messel, opened in 1906 and displays more than 100,000 exhibits in thirteen collections ranging from archeology to zoology. The modern annex by Rainer Kargel, which serves as a picture gallery, was also refurbished.
The historic layout of the rooms was reinstated by the restoration. Central exhibits are located on the visual axis and their significance is accentuated.
In the museum, 9.000 square meters of exhibition space for permanent and special exhibits are spread out over four storeys.
Artificial Light +
Flexible spotlight systems, largely covert vitrine lighting, a wide diversity of customized designs, such as the wheel chandelier in the Gothic chapel.
State-of-the-art LED luminaires with interchangeable lenses, uniform warm luminous color (3,000 Kelvin) and good color rendering index of 90.
Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt